Tartellettes? Tarts? Baskets? A thousand names for a single result …a precious chest for fluffy mousse and custards.
Today I filled 4 protein powder and polenta tartellettes up with natural skyr, but you can garnish them with anything like ricotta cheese, greek yogurt, peanut butter, jam, applesauce and so on adding spices and nuts.
Protein powder and polenta tartellettes
I like to call them tartellettes, because they remind me of shortbread tarts, but it’s just a hazy memory. Basically they have a not crumbly and more compact texture, soft and moist.
It’s a very basic recipe, it doesn’t require any skill and it’s ready in a short time.
I’m used to save a couple for breakfast or as a snack and garnish them to taste according to the needs of the season, most of all peanut butter or dairy products.
Let’s come to the macros *
The nutrition facts label is at the bottom of the post.
How much did I spend **?
In order to make these 4 tartellettes, I spent a total of € 0.80 and € 0.20 per tartellette. Really low-cost.
Product availability: I’m used to buy all my protein powders online, in large quantities and with different flavours, so I have more choice and even some discount, for the rest I found everything at the store.
Obviously the limiting factor for the total cost is the protein powders. Their price varies a lot, which means that the cost is certainly susceptible of great variability.
The tartellettes are ready to eat in 35 minutes and You will need:
- Baking Sheet
- 2 bowls
- ice cream spoon
Whisk and combine the polenta flour, the casein pp vanilla flavour, and the sweetener .
Mix the water with the melted coconut butter along with the linseeds, and leave to jellify for a few minutes.
Add wet items into the dry ones
Combine well with a spatula, and create an homogeneous dough.
Put 4 wrappers in a muffin tin
Put a ball of dough with the ice cream scoop into each wrapper, press in the middle shaping a notch.
Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes
Let it cool and fill as wish
- 50 g Instantant Polenta Corn Meal
- 30 g Casein protein powder (I hose vanilla flavour)
- 3 g Low calories sweetener for Cooking (I used My dietor for cooking)
- 10 g Coconut butter
- 150 ml Filtered Water
- 10 g Linseed
- Mix the flour, the caseins,and the sweetener with a whisk
- Mix the water with the coconut butter along with the linseeds, and leave to gel for a few minutes
- Add wet items to the dry ones
- Combine well with a spatula and create an homogeneous dough
- Put wrappers in a muffin tin
- Put a ball of dough with the ice cream scoop and pressing in the middle shaping a notch.
- Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes
- Let it cool and fill as wish.
Enjoy and have a great day,
When you make one of my recipes, take a picture, tag me on instagram @lemabor , I’ll be very glad to see your creations !
Let’s be friend on pinterest.
You may also like:
Note: *and ** read the disclaimer in menu bar.